Invitation to the Centenary Ball. 1915–2015


This time I'd like to provide a little insight of a wonderful exhibition called "Invitation to the Centenary Ball. 1915–2015" presenting the most beautiful evening gowns from the private couture collection of the fashion historian Alexandre Vassiliev, Paris.
In it you will see dozens of glamorous ball gowns (some men's tuxedos too) and accessories, including jewelry, shoes, hats, and even make-up worn at the beginning of the 20th century up till 2015.
The exhibition is hosted at the Museum of Decorative Arts and Design (in Riga 10/20 Skārņu street) until October 25, 2015. I enjoyed it very much myself. Definitely visit it if you have the chance, but for those of you who don't, I hope you'll enjoy the pictures as there will be quite a lot of them!



6 comments

  1. Izstāde patiešām izskatās ļoti iespaidīga! Noteikti pie tuvākās izdevības došos to aplūkot! Vienreizēja iespēja! :)

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jā, noteikti ir tā vērts! :)

      Delete
  2. Such great inspiration - thanks for sharing these beautiful pics!

    XO from Malta,
    www.b-biche.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love everything! great photos :D

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, all of these photos are amazing. I'm so in love with vintage fashion and all these beaded dresses makes me faint!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so elegant in this ball! Vintage fashion has always been my favorite. At some domestic NYC venues I attended a vintage fashion week last month. It was just fabulous. I got so many inspirations for my vintage styled wedding.

    ReplyDelete